A Bit of Reading

If you have visited my blog in the past, you might have noticed my posts covered topics in math. Have you visited my Pinterest boards? Now, there you will find nothing but math. I have over 4,000 followers and counting. Guess a lot of people like math! If you haven't checked it out...give it a try. You might find something you can use with your students!

The reality is, my world is not all math. I thought I would start sharing some reading ideas too. I recently have gotten into this phase of creating anchor mats for learning. I know anchor charts have a predominant place in many classrooms, but I like students to have their own that they can revisit throughout the year. I am a firm believer in recycling and revisiting key skills.

I recently uploaded a freebie in my TpT store to use when students are asked to find the lesson of a story. This skill is introduced to students in first grade with CCSS 1.RL.2 and continues to build in grades 2 (2.RL.2) and 3 (3.RL.2). By grade 4, students are asked to find the theme.

The anchor mat explores what a lesson is. Students can learn lessons in many different ways! The organizer can be used for students to record their thinking.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Discover-the-Lesson-in-a-Story-1152637

Some of the images on these pages are in color, but the pages can be printed in grayscale to save ink. Or students can put the pages into a plastic sleeve and use a wipe-off marker to respond. Or using a document camera, the pages can be projected onto a whiteboard. Students can respond on sticky notes and then add their sticky notes to each section. Students then can compare their ideas.

Click on the image above to view the download. If you give it a try, please leave feedback. I hearing and learning from others.

Powered by Blogger.